Create a standardized greenhouse gas calculator based on the Biosolids Emissions Assessment Model (BEAM) that is used extensively across the sector. Utilizing this currently available model as a baseline, the same architects that built the BEAM will conduct an annual scientific review using the latest research findings. This continual improvement will ensure that the model is reflective of prevailing information. In addition to creating this downloadable, locked-cell spreadsheet, the following resources will also be offered:
- Technical support from BEAM experts
- Resources related to biosolids & greenhouse gas emissions
- Infographics utilities can use to translate their program’s carbon footprint for public consumption
- Conduit for process module additions developed by BEAM experts
Thank you to the Canadian Council of Ministers of the Environment for granting permission the use of the BEAM as a foundation for the Biosolids Greenhouse Gas Calculator (not a CCME product). Learn more about CCME here: https://www.ccme.ca/
Maile Lono-Batura, Northwest Biosolids (NW Biosolids); Ned Beecher, North East Biosolids & Residuals Association (NEBRA); Sally Brown, University of Washington; Andrew Carpenter, Northern Tilth; Natalie Sierra & Steve Wilson, Brown & Caldwell and Mike Van Ham, SYLVIS Environmental.
Thank you to our Supporters for helping us achieve our fundraising goal. With this collective funding, we can initiate the work needed to bring this standardized calculator to utilities everywhere.
Annual Support Levels
- $2,500 - $5,000 for organization support
- $5,000 for non-members and companies
- Additional support welcome from existing members
See what organizations have pledged support to the Biosolids Greenhouse Gas Calculator.